Back to School Safety Tips: Before Leaving Home
- Teach your child his/her phone number, address, and any important information on how to contact you in an emergency.
- Teach your child to never leave or get into a car with a stranger under any circumstance. Teach them to report any such instances immediately.
- If someone else is to pick up your child, use a secret code that you have prearranged between your child and the adult. Make sure the school knows that someone else will pick up your child.
- Teach your child who the police are & how they can help them.
- Teach your child the route to and from home and school.
- Observe what your child is wearing.
- Have your child fingerprinted by the local Military Police & keep photos current.
- Print your child’s name on clothes, jackets, lunch boxes, etc.
- Make sure your child knows that if he/she is lost you will be looking for them for as long as it takes.
- Do background and reference checks on all persons charged with the care of your child. Don’t be afraid to call and inquire about people – it is your child that is at stake.
KEEP YOUR CHILDREN SAFE by preparing for the unexpected!
|PowerPoint: Back to School Safety Tips: Before Leaving Home||
|Video: Back to School Safety Tips: Before Leaving Home|
|Download PowerPoint Presentation||Watch on Youtube|