Steve Jobs has announced the release of iPad 2 on March 2, news say the sale of iPad 2 will begin on March 11. Are you ready for an iPad 2? Once you get an iPad 2, you may have the desire to use it for presenting your great PowerPoint Presentations to your clients, friends and family members. However, PowerPoint presentations can’t be used on iPad 2 directly, to solve the problems, there are some simple ways to have your PowerPoint slideshows displayed on your iPad 2. Let’s walk through the following 5 methods to show you how to view PowerPoint presentations on iPad 2.
Images can be viewed on the iPad 2 with the embedded photo viewer on iPad 2. The most common supported image formats by iPad 2 are JPG, BMP, GIF, and PNG. The following steps will guide you on how to save PowerPoint slides as images.
1. Start up PowerPoint, and open up the presentations. Click the Office button ->” Save As” ->” Other Formats”.
2. At the pop-up window, select the Save As type, for example, choose JPG, and click “Save”. When PowerPoint asks whether you want to export all slides, select “Every Slide”.
For PowerPoint 2007:
1. Start up PowerPoint, click “File” -> “Save As”.
2. In the “Save as type” menu, choose “GIF” for example, and click “Save”, When PowerPoint asks whether you want to export all slides, select “Every Slide”.
For PowerPoint 2003 & 2010:
Now you can import the slide pictures to your iPad 2. The limitation of this method is that animations, transitions, the sound and video clips will be lost.
The iPad 2 provides excellent support for video playback. By converting PowerPoint to video formats, you can watch the PowerPoint slides on your iPad 2 easily. Also, you can upload it to video sharing sites like YouTube so that you can watch it online. Many PowerPoint to video converters provide the smart feature to convert PowerPoint presentation to iPad 2 supported video formats, like M4V, MP4, MOV. Take Moyea PPT to Video Converter for example. In 3 steps, your PowerPoint can be converted to an iPad 2 supported video formats.
1. Install the PowerPoint to video converter and import the presentations that you want to convert. Bath converting is available.
2. Select an output video format you need. You can also customize video profile parameters.
3. Click “Start” to convert the presentation to video.
I prefer this method for it is lossless, the PowerPoint presentations displayed on iPad 2 is exactly the same as the original.
The iPad 2 can read PDF files using a few programs designed for iPad 2 such as CloudReaders or Easy PDF. You can use the FREE Moyea PPT to PDF Converter to transfer PowerPoint to PDF. Just like images, all the animations, transitions, the audio and video clips will disappear.
The PPT sharing sites like authorSTREAM.com and DocStoc.com enables you to display PowerPoint presentations online. Take DocStoc.com for example, for viewing your PowerPoint on iPad 2, you can upload your PowerPoint on DocStoc.com. When you open the URL provided by DocStoc.com on iPad 2, you can view your presentations normally which has been converted to the iPad 2 compatible format. But it will not preserve the animations, the audios and videos.
If you have Keynote installed on your iPad 2, you can open a PowerPoint file within Keynote, then use the Keynote functions to play your presentations.
Third party programs like MightyMeeting also let you view your presentations on your iPad 2. This application stores your PowerPoint presentations in the cloud and you can share them in online meetings and discussions from the web, tablet, or smart phone.
All the 5 methods above can help you view PowerPoint presentations on iPad 2, which one do you prefer?
- How to Play PowerPoint Presentations on iPad
- Make Christmas PowerPoint E-cards to Choose Low-carbon Lifestyle
- Three Highlights Making iPad 2 Another Success
- Three Effective Methods to Share PowerPoint Presentations in Blogger or WordPress
- How to Import PowerPoint Files into Sony Vegas
All posts on this blog are created for non-profit sharing by the blogger staff of Moyea Software. You can reprint them without any fee, but are required to quote each source link on Moyea PowerPoint E-Learning Center (http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/blog/) and keep all original hyperlinks within.