The benefit of PowerPoint presentation skills seems so obvious that we don’t need to explain that. In this article we are going to talk about a different kind of PowerPoint presentation – in video format. Yes, make a versatile video from your PowerPoint presentation! Suppose you’ve been holding off on making an online training course or online marketing presentations, since the situation is different from the presentation with audience sitting in the same room, you need to do more on your PowerPoint presentation preparation.
Tips on how to prepare a versatile PowerPoint presentation
1. Use PowerPoint’s rich animation and linking features to create a video-based PowerPoint presentation that highlights your topic.
2. Carefully set the slide transitions to make the slides auto advance after the set timing.
3. If you’re patient enough, you can click “Slide Show“ tab of the ribbon and find “Rehearse Timings“ in the Set Up section to set the slide transition timing more specifically.
4. Add a song and set it play across multiple slides or the entire PowerPoint presentation as background music.
5. Read your script into a voice recorder at the same time with the mouse movement on PowerPoint. Or you can record the voice narration first. And then play the recording of your narration while record mouse movement and capture the pre-recording of your voice at the same time.
6. Choose the site you want to put your online course on. Totally public or available for a fee in a member’s only site?
7. Research on the best output video format for your PowerPoint presentation. For different requirements, the suitable output video formats for PowerPoint vary.
2 methods to make a versatile video from PowerPoint
1. Microsoft PowerPoint
Since PowerPoint 2010, Microsoft added the built-in function to save PowerPoint presentation as video format. Open your PowerPoint 2010 presentation, click “File” tab, then “Save & Send“, and choose “Create a Video“. You can save PowerPoint 2010 as WMV format of movie.
In the newest PowerPoint 2013 edition, you are allowed to export PowerPoint 2013 as MP4 video too.
2. PowerPoint to video converter
The advantages of PowerPoint to video converter are:
- Support older PowerPoint versions too, such as PowerPoint 2000/2002/2003/2007;
- Convert PowerPoint to video more than WMV and MP4 format;
- Keep full range of the PowerPoint effects like animations, transitions, audio and video clips;
- Allow to customize the output video parameters.
Take Moyea PPT to Video Converter for example, in mainly 3 steps you are able to convert PowerPoint presentation to video: import the PowerPoint presentations, select the output video format, and export the video output.
- How to trim video and share it online with TubeChop, PowerPoint Converter and Video Converter
- 4 Tips to Prepare and Make a Great PowerPoint Presentation
- Where and How to Upload Your PowerPoint Presentations for Sharing Online
- 6 Effective Methods to Share Your PowerPoint Presentations Online
- PowerPoint Tips: How to Make Shapes with Curved Lines in Your Slide
All posts on this blog are created for non-profit sharing by the blogger staff of Moyea Software. You can reprint them without any fee, but are required to quote each source link on Moyea PowerPoint E-Learning Center (http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/blog/) and keep all original hyperlinks within.