After the releasing of iPhone 5, some iPhone 5 rumors have been proved to be true. For example, iPhone 5 is really a iOS 6-based mobile equipped with 4-inch Retina Display owning a resolution of 1136×640, 4G LTE connectivity and 8-megapixel rear camera. Until now we not only know the new features that iPhone 5 gains like extreme thinness and powerful A6 processor, but also the functions that iPhone 5 loses like viewing PowerPoint and supporting NFC. Here we collected all the solutions for viewing PowerPoint on iPhone 5 available for you to choose.
This is iPhone 5
Method 1: View PowerPoint on iPhone 5 use Keynote
Keynote is Apple’s own apps for viewing and editing PowerPoint which is a part of the iWork productivity suite. Since it is not embedded in the last generation iPhone 4S, we cannot expect it within iPhone 5. So you need to pay about $70 before installing Keynote for viewing PowerPoint on iPhone 5.
Method 2: Third-party Apps for iPhone 5
Besides Apple’s own Keynote, there are also some famous third-party apps for viewing and editing PowerPoint on iPhone 5. Here we would suggest two of them: Quickoffice for iPhone, Documents To Go. These two apps are commonly used on Smartphones no matter on iOS or Android systems for their powerful support for all Microsoft Office from 97-2010. Besides, they are much cheaper than Keynote with a price at $9.99.
Method 3: Export PowerPoint as images
Image formats are originally supported by iPhone. The most common supported image formats by iPhone 5 are JPG, BMP, GIF, and PNG. The following steps will guide you on how to save PowerPoint slides as images.
1. You need to finish this on a Mac or Windows PC.
2. All the animations, transitions, the sound and video clips will be lost.
For PowerPoint 2007:
- 1. Click the round Office button >” Save As” >” Other Formats”.
- 2. In the “Save As type” drop down menu, for example, choose JPG, and click “Save”. When PowerPoint asks whether you want to export all slides, select “Every Slide”.
For PowerPoint 2003 & 2010:
- 1. Click “File”on the ribbon > “Save As”.
- 2. In the “Save as type” menu, choose “GIF” for example, and click “Save”, When PowerPoint asks whether you want to export all slides, select “Every Slide”.
Method 4: View PowerPoint on iPhone 5 as PDF file
If you are using PowerPoint 2010 or PowerPoint 2011 for Mac you can directly save PowerPoint as PDF file. While in Previous versions, you can use the FREE Moyea PPT to PDF Converter to transfer PowerPoint to PDF. Then you may watch the exported PDF on iPhone 5 using the free Apple apps like CloudReaders.
Method 5: Convert PowerPoint to iPhone 5 video
The iPhone 5 provides excellent support for video playback with a big 4-inch touch screen. So it will be excellent to play PowerPoint on iPhone 5 as video format. Take PPT to Video Converter for example. In 3 steps, your PowerPoint can be converted to an iPhone 5 friendly video format.
- 1. Install the PPT to iPhone 5 converterand import the PowerPoint files that you want to convert.
- 2. Select an output video format you need such as setting the output as MP4 video for iPhone 5. You can also customize video profile parameters like setting the video size as “1136×640” and video codec as “H.264” for iPhone 5.
- 3. Convert PowerPoint to iPhone 5 video.
We suggest this method for all the original PowerPoint elements like fonts, languages, animations, transitions, and especially the music and video clips will be preserved. So it will look the same on iPhone 5 as playing with Microsoft Office on computer.
Method 6: View PowerPoint on iPhone 5 via PPT sharing sites
Most websites don’t support PowerPoint documents. The reason why PowerPoint can be shown on these so called PPT sharing sites is that these sites will automatically convert your PowerPoint to other compatible format. These PPT sharing sites can be generally divided into two categories:
- 1. Show PPT as video: such as authorSTREAM.com. The PowerPoint will be converted to video automatically. You can open the URL on iPhone 5 or download the converted PowerPoint video.
- 2. Show PPT as images: such as Slideshare.net. Like the method 3 above the PowerPoint will be shown as images without animations or transitions. The files you download on these sites are the original PowerPoint documents.
Method 7: iCloud
As a eye-attracting service of Apple released in the WWDC 2011 in June – iCloud will be helpful for viewing PowerPoint on iPhone 5 too, of course in PDF format. The iCloud will sync your iBook on all the Apple devices like Mac, iPad and iPhone. Although iBook is designed to read eBooks, you can also import PDF files to it. Besides, the “Documents in the Cloud” function of iCloud enables you to edit the same document on different devices.
The above methods to play PowerPoint on iPhone 5 are what we know till now. If you have any other good ideas, please don’t hesitate to tell us on the comment below.
- View PowerPoint on iPad 2? – 5 Mehods for You to Choose
- Show Up on June 6 at WWDC, the Next iPhone is Not iPhone 5 But iPhone 4S
- How Can We View PowerPoint on Windows Media Player, RealPlayer or Alike
- Apple’s iPhone 5 will launch in June? A Korean Joke
- Playing PowerPoint on iPhone
All posts on this blog are created for non-profit sharing by the blogger staff of Moyea Software. You can reprint them without any fee, but are required to quote each source link on Moyea PowerPoint E-Learning Center (http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/blog/) and keep all original hyperlinks within.