Whenever you are making a PowerPoint presentation, you will inevitably need to insert a song or video clip here and there. Not only more video formats are supported in PowerPoint 2010 like MP4 and FLV but also can we trim the audio and video clips we inserted as well. That is to say, if you think the audio or video is too long or you just want part of it, you can now clip out the unwanted portions from the beginning or end directly within PowerPoint 2010.
How to Trim an Audio Clip in PowerPoint 2010:
- 1. Select the audio clip you inserted.
- 2. Under “Audio Tools”, on the “Playback” tab, in the “Editing” group, click “Trim Audio”.
- 3. In the “Trim Audio” dialog box, do as the following:
a. To trim the beginning portion of the audio clip, point your mouse over the start point (shown in the image below as a green marker, on the far left). When you see the two-headed arrow, drag the arrow to the desired starting position for the audio clip.
b. To trim the end of the audio clip, click the end point (shown in the image below as a red marker, on the right), then drag the arrow to the desired ending position for the audio clip.
c. You can also fill the accurate timing in the “Start Time” and “End Time” to trim the audio clip.
How to Trim a Video Clip in PowerPoint 2010:
- 1. Select the video that you want to trim.
- 2. Under “Video Tools”, on the “Playback” tab, in the “Editing” group, click “Trim Video”.
- 3. Drag the green slider where to the spot where you want the video to begin.
- 4. Drag the red slider to the spot where you want the video to end.
- 5. If you know the time limits where you want to trim your video, you can type in the values manually in the “Start Time” and “End Time” boxes.
- 6. To move through the video frame by frame (to display the exact portion of the video you want), click the left pointing or right-pointing arrow. This advances the video one frame at a time.
- 7. When finished, click “OK”.
- How to trim video and share it online with TubeChop, PowerPoint Converter and Video Converter
- Insert YouTube video clips to PowerPoint presentation
- PowerPoint Compatible Audio and Video File Formats
- PowerPoint 2010 Tips: Slide Show Shortcuts in PowerPoint 2010 Presentation
- How to Play a Sound across Multiple Slides in Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
All posts on this blog are created for non-profit sharing by the blogger staff of Moyea Software. You can reprint them without any fee, but are required to quote each source link on Moyea PowerPoint E-Learning Center (http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/blog/) and keep all original hyperlinks within.