Apple TV is a digital media receiver developed by Apple Company. It is a network appliance designed to play content from iTunes Store, Hulu, YouTube, Netflix, iCloud, etc. onto a high-definition widescreen TV. With the help of iTunes, Mac and Windows users can also sync their media files on computer to watch on TV.
Apple TV 3 is the newest version, which added support for playing movies and TV shows from iTunes in 1080p. With this stunning device, you can enjoy everything you want on your HDTV wirelessly, including movies, TV shows, music, photos and sports/game videos.
Have you considered that this tiny thing could be your great help for PowerPoint presentation too? Sync your PowerPoint presentation to large-screen TV so that you don’t need to bring your laptop with you all the time. Because PowerPoint formats (.ppt, .pps, .pptx, .ppsx) are not supported by Applet TV 3 actually, so we need to convert PowerPoint to Apple TV supported video formats first.
First let’s check out what video formats Apple TV 3 supports:
- H.264 video: up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video: up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG): up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
In short, we can say Apple TV support M4V, MP4 and MOV file format in H.264, MPEG-4 codec. After you have transformed PowerPoint to video, it’s time to sync it to Apple TV 3 using iTunes.
How to sync PowerPoint video to Apple TV:
- 1. Download and install the iTunes on your PC.
- 2. Connect the new Apple TV 3 to your computer via an Ethernet cable.
- 3. Select “Sources” on Apple TV 3′s main menu and select syncing from the sources menu. Then activate Apple TV 3 with your password.
- 4. Go to iTunes; select the Apple TV 3 from the Devices list.
- 5. Enter password to iTunes to connect Apple TV 3 with your computer. Then you can sync the exported PowerPoint videos from iTunes to Apple TV 3. Apple TV 3 has 8GB internal storage that could hold hundreds of PowerPoint videos at the same time.
How to convert PowerPoint to Apple TV 3 video:
- Step 1: Free download and install Moyea PPT to Video Converter on your computer. Click “Add” to import source PowerPoint files.
- Step 2: Click “Profile” frame to choose output video format for Apple TV 3. The converter is embedded with profile customized for Apple TV devices; just choose one from the “Apple TV” category.
- Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters like codec, bit rate, frame rate, aspect ratio and video size.
- Step 4: When the settings are OK, you can press “Start” to convert PowerPoint to Apple TV 3 now. During the conversion, you can preview the output video in real time.
After the conversion, you can sync/copy PowerPoint videos to the Apple TV 3 via iTunes and then enjoy PowerPoint presentations on HDTV as you wish easily.
- How to Play PowerPoint Presentations on iPad
- Apple Invitation Reveals iPhone 5 Release Date October 4
- How to Sync Video and Audio Files Playback in PowerPoint 2010
- When New Apple TV Meets PowerPoint Presentation
- Apple WWDC 2011: What New Features iOS 5 Brings
All posts on this blog are created for non-profit sharing by the blogger staff of Moyea Software. You can reprint them without any fee, but are required to quote each source link on Moyea PowerPoint E-Learning Center (http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/blog/) and keep all original hyperlinks within.