PowerPoint 2010, the new generation presentation program, is on the horizon. You may want to include your own picture as background for a PowerPoint 2010 presentation, though the program offers a great array of background themes.
This post will give you a clear idea of how to set background picture in PowerPoint 2010.
- 1. Click the slide that you want to add a background picture to.
Tip: To select multiple slides, click a slide, and then press and hold CTRL while you click the other slides.
- 2. On the Design tab, in the Background group, click Background Styles, and then click Format Background.
- 3. Click Fill, and then click Picture or texture fill.
- 4. Do one of the following:
To insert a picture from a file, click File, and then locate and double-click the picture that you want to insert.
To paste a picture that you copied, click Clipboard.
To use clip art (clip art: A single piece of ready-made art, often appearing as a bitmap or a combination of drawn shapes.) as a background picture, click Clip Art, and then in the Search text box, type a word or phrase that describes the clip (clip: A single media file, including art, sound, animation, or movies.) that you want, or type all or part of the file name of the clip.
To include clip art that is available on Microsoft Office.com in your search, select the Include content from Office.com check box, click Go, and then click the clip to insert it.
TIP: To adjust a picture’s relative lightness or transparency – or the difference between its darkest and lightest areas (contrast), in the Format Background dialog box, at the bottom of the Fill pane, slide the Transparency bar to the left or right.
So for example, the following picture of marbles is set as a background for a slide, and Transparency is set to 50%, making it easier to see the text on the slide.
- 5. Do one of the following:
* To use the picture as a background for the slides that you selected, click Close.
* To use the picture as a background for all of the slides in your presentation, click Apply to All.
- Learn Latest PowerPoint: Insert Excel Worksheets to PowerPoint 2010
- PowerPoint 2010 Tips: Slide Show Shortcuts in PowerPoint 2010 Presentation
- How to add a movie to a presentation
- Embed Youtube Video to PowerPoint 2010
- How to add a transition between slides in PowerPoint 2010
All posts on this blog are created for non-profit sharing by the blogger staff of Moyea Software. You can reprint them without any fee, but are required to quote each source link on Moyea PowerPoint E-Learning Center (http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/blog/) and keep all original hyperlinks within.