You know when you need to save PowerPoint file to other format like video, you can use PPT to video converter on Windows. But on Ubuntu, which is the most popular Linux distribution, how do you convert PowerPoint to video?
That”s true that the PowerPoint to video converter is original designed to run on Win, in fact you can get it run on Ubuntu also, with the help of Wine. Wine is a free and open-source emulator that enables you to run Windows software on Unix-like systems including Linux, BSD, Solaris and Mac OS.
I. Install Wine on your Ubuntu
To install software on Ubuntu is different from Windows. You don”t need to download the installer package.
1. First, run the Terminal on your Ubuntu.
2. Wine recommends users to always use the latest version of Wine. Type the following codes in Terminal:
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install wine
3. Now the Wine program will be downloaded and installed on your computer. Just wait for a while.
II. Run PowerPoint to video converter on Ubuntu
Take Moyea PPT to Video Converter for example, you should first download the installer in exe format to your Ubuntu. Currently a useful tool called winetricks is coming along with Wine. You can run it to install the PowerPoint converter on Ubuntu.
III. Convert PowerPoint to video on Ubuntu
To run Windows program on Ubuntu, the correct way to run it is: Right on the launcher and click “Run with Wine”. Below is a brief introduction on how to use Moyea PPT to Video Converter to convert PowerPoint to video on Ubuntu.
Step 1: Click “Add” to import PowerPoint files. You can add multiple PowerPoint files and convert them all to video at one click.
Step 2: Click “Profile” frame and from the drop-down profile list choose a video format you want, like MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, 3GP, WebM, etc.
Step 3: If you like, click the “Settings” button and you can make advanced settings like codec, bit rate, frame rate, aspect ratio, channel and so on.
Step 4: After all the settings are ready, click “Start” to start converting the presentation to video file. You can preview the output video in real time during conversion.
This method of converting PowerPoint to video on Ubuntu can preserve all the original animations, transitions, music, video clips and synchronization of time settings. If your requirement is not so tough, of course you can try online converter too.
OS: Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2000/NT
Retail Price: $49.95
- Ubuntu 11.04 release on April 28-Overview of the New Features
- 4 Methods to Convert PPTX to Video for Viewing on Portable Devices and Websites
- 7 Best Ways To Convert PowerPoint Presentations to Video
- How to Convert PowerPoint to Video with All Original Effects
- How to Convert PowerPoint to iMovie Supported Video Formats
All posts on this blog are created for non-profit sharing by the blogger staff of Moyea Software. You can reprint them without any fee, but are required to quote each source link on Moyea PowerPoint E-Learning Center (http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/blog/) and keep all original hyperlinks within.