Situation: You are working with an animated and hyperlinked presentation. Now you want to background the animations and hyperlinks with a sound effect. You are using Microsoft PowerPoint 2007.
Section 1 Add a sound to an animation in PowerPoint
Before adding a sound to an animation, please make sure that you have already added an animation effect to the text or object in PowerPoint. Then follow these steps:
1. Go to the slide that contains the animation effect to which you want to add a sound.
2. On the Animations tab, in the Animations group, click Custom Animation.
3. In the Custom Animation, click the arrow to the right of the animation effect in the Custom Animation list, and then click Effect Options.
4. On the Effect tab, under Enhancements, click the arrow in the Sound list, and then do one of the following:
I. To add a sound from the list, click a sound.
II. To add a sound from a file, click Other Sound, and then locate the sound file that you want to use.
Section 2 Add a sound for a hyperlink in PowerPoint
Similarly, you must have previously included a hyperlink in your presentation before adding a sound.
1. Go to the slide that contains the hyperlink, and select the link to enable the Links group.
2. On the Insert tab, in the Links group, click Action.
3. Next, perform one of the following:
I. To apply the action settings after clicking the hyperlink, click on the Mouse Click tab.
II. To apply the action settings when the pointer is resting on the hyperlink, click on the Mouse Over tab.
4. Select the Play sound check box, and click the sound that you want to play.
To avoid the missing of sounds and animations when moving the presentation, save it onto a safe DVD disc with Moyea PPT to DVD Burner.
All posts on this blog are created for non-profit sharing by the blogger staff of Moyea Software. You can reprint them without any fee, but are required to quote each source link on Moyea PowerPoint E-Learning Center (http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/blog/) and keep all original hyperlinks within.