Veterans Day, formerly Armistice Day, is celebrated on November 11 every year. Originally it marked the armistice of the World War I. The U.S. President Woodrow Wilson first proclaimed an Armistice Day for November 11, 1919. In proclaiming the holiday, he said:
“To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations.”
Now in the peace world we show our special honor to the military veterans using these Veterans Day quotes in cards, letters, emails, twitter, PowerPoint, video or DVD slideshow, etc. on Veterans Day 2011.
Famous Quotes for All Veterans on Veterans Day 2011:
- 1. We make war that we may live in peace. – Aristotle
- 2. Freedom is never free. – Author unknown
- 3. When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? – George Canning
- 4. This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. – Elmer Davis
- 5. Nobody ever drowned in sweat. – US Marines
- 6. In war, there are no unwounded soldiers. – Jose Narosky
- 7. Many become brave when brought to bay. – Norwegian proverb
- 8. Courage is fear holding on a minute longer. – George S. Patton
- 9. It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you. – Unknown
- 10. In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot. – Mark Twain
- 11. There never was a good war or a bad peace. – Benjamin Franklin
- 12. Peace is not only better than war, but infinitely more arduous. – George Bernard Shaw
- 13. Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it. – Irving Berlin
- 14. Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him. – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- 15. Soldiers generally win battles; generals get credit for them. – Napoleon Bonaparte
- 16. History teaches that war begins when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap. – Ronald Reagan
- 17. Where there are too many policemen, there is no liberty. Where there are too many soldiers, there is no peace. Where there are too many lawyers, there is no justice. – Lyn Yutang
- 18. Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul. – Michel de Montaigne
- 19. Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men. – George Patton
- 20. Have the courage to act instead of react. – Earlene Larson Jenks
Moyea offers a solution to create a Veterans Day celebration video for sharing on YouTube with songs and lyrics or make DVD slideshow as Veterans Day gift, which would be meaningful to your veteran grandpa.
Create a Veterans Day video or burn to DVD
Make a Veterans Day video to share with the family members or upload to YouTube.
Create a Veterans Day DVD slideshow as gift or for permanent preservation.
- Labor Day 2011 Famous Quotes and Sayings
- Famous July 4th Quotes for an Inspirational Independence Day
- Share Happy Moments of Veterans Day with a Video Slideshow
- 20 Famous Memorial Day Quotes for Patriotism Education
- Veterans Day DVD, Easy to Produce by PowerPoint
All posts on this blog are created for non-profit sharing by the blogger staff of Moyea Software. You can reprint them without any fee, but are required to quote each source link on Moyea PowerPoint E-Learning Center (http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/blog/) and keep all original hyperlinks within.