Just like a Chinese Proverb says, rely on parents at home and friends outside, we cannot live without friends in our lives. The first Sunday of August is regarded as the Friendship Day in many countries ever since 1958. On this special day for friendship, we cannot miss the friendship songs to express this special type of love.
Songs about friends with meaningful lyrics can significantly influence the atmosphere; it has a profound effect on our emotions and can direct the mood of any gathering. I have the habit to collect and category these songs according to themes and make a list. The theme of friendship is one we all can relate to and never tire of listening to. Here is a timeless friendship songs and friendship quotes to make a Friendship Day slideshow to thank for our beloved friends.
Songs for friendship list:
- 1. Anytime You Need a Friend by Mariah Carey
- 2. At Your Side by The Corrs
- 3. Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion
- 4. Circle of Friends by Point of Grace
- 5. Count on Me by Whitney Houston
- 6. For You I Will by Monica
- 7. Friends Will Be Friends by Queen
- 8. Friendship Theme (I’ll Be There For You) by The Rembrandts
- 9. Friendship Train by Gladys Knight & The Pips
- 10. Goodbye My Friend by Spice Girl
- 11. I Care For You by Michele Wagner & David McMullan
- 12. I Will Remember You by Sarah McLachlan
- 13. One True Friend by Bette Midler
- 14. Please Remember by Leanne Rimes
- 15. Thank You For Being a Friend by Sonshine Generation
- 16. There You’ll Be by Faith Hill
- 17. This One’s For the Girls by Martina McBride
- 18. We Are Family by Sister Sledge
- 19. We’re Going To Be Friends by White Stripes
- 20. Whenever You Remember by Carrie Underwood
- 21. Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler
- 22. You Are Always Next to Me by David Ingersoll
- 23. You Got a Friend in Me by Randy Newman
- 24. You’ll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins
- 25. You’ll Never Stand Alone by Whitney Houston
- 26. You’re My Best Friend by Queen
Quotes for friendship list:
- 1. Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship – never. By Charles Caleb Colton
- 2. Friendship is the finest balm for the pangs of despised love. By Jane Austen
- 3. Love demands infinitely less than friendship. By George Jean Nathan
- 4. It would be impossible to love anyone or anything one knew completely. Love is directed towards what lies hidden in its object. By Paul Valéry
- 5. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages. By Friedrich Nietzsche
- 6. A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway. By Fr. Jerome Cummings
- 7. My love, you know you are my best friend.
You know that I’d do anything for you
And my love, let nothing come between us.
My love for you is strong and true.
By Sarah McLachlan
- 8. We all need friends with whom we can speak of our deepest concerns, and who do not fear to speak the truth in love to us. By Margaret Guenther
- 9. Platonic love is like an inactive volcano. By Andre Pevost
- 10. All love that has not friendship for its base is like a mansion built upon the sand. By Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 11. Love is friendship set to music. By E. Joseph Crossmann
- 12. Love, in distinction from friendship, is killed, or rather extinguished, the moment it is displayed in public. By Hannah Arendt
- 13. No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. By Francois Mauriac
- 14. We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh. By Agnes Repplier
Create a Friendship Day slideshow or burn to DVD
Make a Friendship Day slideshow to share with friends or upload online.
Burn Friendship Day slideshow to DVD for better backup and preservation.
- Songs for DVD Slideshow – DIY Unique and Heartfelt Gift for Mother’s Day
- 20 Mother’s Day Quotes for E-cards, PowerPoint, DVD slideshow
- Great Growing Up Songs for Creating a Growing Up Slideshow
- Songs of Summer – Top and Hottest Summer Songs
- Top Wedding Songs for DVD/Video Slideshow
All posts on this blog are created for non-profit sharing by the blogger staff of Moyea Software. You can reprint them without any fee, but are required to quote each source link on Moyea PowerPoint E-Learning Center (http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/blog/) and keep all original hyperlinks within.