The summer vacation has arrived and the school is over. In the next two months, you deserve to have some rest, like traveling, gaming, sports, parties, etc. While in the spare time, why not take full advantage of the fragments of time to do some reading, helping you expand your mind while having fun. Besides what Francis Bacon said “Knowledge is Power”, reading a book is also a great way to calm yourself and bring peace to your heart. Here are some of the best eBooks for you to read in this summer vacation anywhere you like, beach, mountains, porch or woods, etc.
1. A Game of Thrones. A Song of Ice and Fire is a series of epic fantasy novels written by American novelist and screenwriter George R. R. Martin. A Game of Thrones is the first volume, which is also on HBO television channel, while the sixth book, The Winds of Winter is being written now. If you’re interesting or shocked by the magic, mystery, intrigue, love and adventure of the story, you should read the original book.
2. Steve Jobs. For anyone who wants to know who Steve Jobs really are behind the public scenes. The book is based on more than 40 interviews conducted with the tech titan over two years. Author Walter Isaacson also spoke with Jobs’ family members, friends, rivals, competitors and colleagues.
3. Monkey Mind. The book tells the story of a man’s struggle with anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder. It’s a well-written treasure trove of insights about the causes and development of anxiety straight from one man’s lifetime experience of it; this book will change the way you think about anxiety.
4. You Are Not a Gadget: A Manifesto. This national bestseller by Jaron Lanier offers a provocative critique of how digital design is shaping society, for better and for worse. In 2006, the author wrote an controversial essay about “Digital Maoism”, while the new book “You Are Not a Gadget” expands this thesis further, looking at the implications that digital Maoism or “cybernetic totalism” have for our society at large.
5. The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business. A great book about the power of habit and what we can do to change our habits in business, life, and society. From this book, you get to know not only what makes a habit and how to change them, but also the willpower and self-discipline.
What other books do you recommend to read in this summer vacation time? Share them in a comment!
- Top Inspirational Summer Quotes for the Colorful and Vibrant Summer Days
- Songs of Summer – Top and Hottest Summer Songs
- 5 Methods to Make a School PowerPoint Presentation Read Only
All posts on this blog are created for non-profit sharing by the blogger staff of Moyea Software. You can reprint them without any fee, but are required to quote each source link on Moyea PowerPoint E-Learning Center (http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/blog/) and keep all original hyperlinks within.