I downloaded this video from YouTube using Free YouTube Downloader, but it is a FLV video. I tried to insert it into my PowerPoint 2010 but failed. Are there any methods that I can insert this FLV video into PowerPoint?
YouTube is the most popular video sharing website and we can find a lot of useful video resources on there. Since the videos will be automatically converted into FLV format, so you will find it hard to insert FLV video directly into PowerPoint. Here we introduce 3 methods to add FLV video into PowerPoint 2010.
1. Insert online video directly with PowerPoint 2010
PowerPoint 2010 enables you to directly add online video as long as you have the embed code. Take YouTube for example, you will get the embed code easily by clicking “Share” → “Embed” → check “Use old embed code”.
Then, in PowerPoint 2010, go to the tab of “Insert” → “Video” → “Video from Website”. Then copy and paste the embed code into this open dialog, and click “Insert” button.
2. Convert FLV video to PowerPoint 2010 supported video formats
Though FLV is not accepted by PowerPoint 2010, there are many formats that PowerPoint 2010 supports like the most common AVI video format. Use this Free AVI Converter and you can convert FLV video to AVI format for free.
3. Insert FLV video to PowerPoint via media player plugin
This way can help PowerPoint 2010 to play many video formats that it doesn’t accept originally. For play FLV in PowerPoint, you will need to install VideoLan VLC player on your computer first. It is a free, open-source multimedia player that plays most video codecs and formats.
(1) Show “Developer” tab on the ribbon. Right click on the ribbon →“Customize the Ribbon” → “Main Tabs” → Check “Developer” box.
(2)Under the “Developer” tab, click the icon “More Controls” which is displayed as hummer and wrench in the “Controls”group.
(3) And then select “VideoLAN VLC ActiveX Plugin v1/v2” in the pop-up dialog box.
(4) Click your mouse to draw the area you want to display the video, right click the area and go to “Properties” tab, and then complete the path of the FLV video file, like .
How to save PowerPoint as FLV video?
On the contrary, if you have a PowerPoint presentation and want to save as FLV video for editing with FLV Editor or sharing on Web, the PowerPoint to FLV converter may help you to save PowerPoint as FLV formats with no loss of animations, transitions, music and video clips.
- Embed Youtube Video to PowerPoint 2010
- How to Add YouTube Video to Your PowerPoint Slideshow
- How to Use Video as Background in PowerPoint 2010
- How to Make a Lyric YouTube Video Using PowerPoint 2010
- 6 Effective Methods to Share Your PowerPoint Presentations Online
All posts on this blog are created for non-profit sharing by the blogger staff of Moyea Software. You can reprint them without any fee, but are required to quote each source link on Moyea PowerPoint E-Learning Center (http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/blog/) and keep all original hyperlinks within.