It’s time for the Memorial Day 2011, which will take place on next Monday, May 30. If the spring has been cool and rainy, Memorial Day weekend will mark the beginning of a warmer and drier summer season.
The Memorial Day is the best chance for us to memorize the sacrificed soldiers and educate the next generation for patriotism. When we were kids, schools will play some patriotic movies. But now, we will learn to make more use of TVs and computers. So teachers and parents making Memorial Day PowerPoint or DVD slideshow will be great idea for now.
Here are some famous Memorial Day quotes and sayings to share with loved ones and honor those who have contributed so much to us.
- On thy grave the rain shall fall from the eyes of a mighty nation! ~Thomas William Parsons
- We come, not to mourn our dead soldiers, but to praise them. ~ Francis A. Walker
- Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland
- With the tears a Land hath shed
Their graves should ever be green.
~Thomas Bailey Aldrich
- For love of country they accepted death… ~James A. Garfield
- In war, there is no prize for the runner-up. ~ General Omar Bradley
- And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
- Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. ~ William Pitt
- The patriot’s blood is the seed of Freedom’s tree. ~Thomas Campbell
- The purpose of all war is ultimately peace. ~ Saint Augustine
- A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. ~Joseph Campbell
- Valor grows by daring, fear by holding back. ~ Publilius Syrus
- Life hangs as nothing in the scale against dear Liberty! ~Lucy Larcom
- Who kept the faith and fought the fight; The glory theirs, the duty ours. ~ Wallace Bruce
- The dead soldier’s silence sings our national anthem. ~Aaron Kilbourn
- Four things support the world: the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the good, and the valor of the brave. ~ Muhammad
- So long as there are men there will be wars. ~ Albert Einstein
- The story of America’s quest for freedom is inscribed on her history in the blood of her patriots. ~Randy Vader
- The cost of liberty is less than the cost of repression. ~ Web Dubois
- The greatest glory of a free-born people is to transmit that freedom to their children. ~William Havard
- For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity. ~William Penn
No related posts.
All posts on this blog are created for non-profit sharing by the blogger staff of Moyea Software. You can reprint them without any fee, but are required to quote each source link on Moyea PowerPoint E-Learning Center (http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/blog/) and keep all original hyperlinks within.