Someone asked this question on Yahoo! Answer:
I want to make a slideshow of pictures with music but I want to give it as a gift so it will need to play in a normal DVD player. I know you have to convert it to APEX (whatever that is lol) or something like that but I don’t know how. Also, I have Windows Live Movie Maker so if possible I’d like to make it on that.
Keywords of the question: picture, music, gift, DVD, Windows Live Movie Maker
This is a typical problem for someone who wants to create a DVD slideshow as gift out of his photos and music. So it will be meaningful to seek for a solution for this.
First of all, let’s take a look at the Windows Live Movie Maker. It is a new movie maker embedded in Windows Vista and Windows 7. It has new appearance but is widely criticized for removing the timeline. If you like the timeline for better syncing the pictures and music, here is a detailed guide for you.
What Windows Live Movie Maker can do for you:
- Add pictures
- Add animations, transitions
- Add background music
- Output video
Next, you need a DVD burner to help burn the video to DVD disc for playing in a DVD player. That’s one way you can create a DVD slideshow with music.
Here I’d like to introduce another way – make DVD slideshow with music using PowerPoint.
First you need on create a PowerPoint slideshow using all your photos, music, video clips and all the tools that PowerPoint provides. Beside what Windows Live Maker can do, PowerPoint also allows you record narrations to tell an amazing story about the pictures and bring your slideshow to next level. Only in PowerPoint 2010 can we save PowerPoint as video in WMV format, but it doesn’t matter for we have a much stronger tool to help us.
Moyea PPT to DVD Burner will help you to burn PowerPoint slideshows to standard DVD disc with perfect audio and video syncing for playing on DVD player. The original PowerPoint elements and effects like font, language, music, narrations, video clips, animations, transitions, etc. will be kept intact in the output DVD slideshow.
The PowerPoint to DVD burner saves you work by converting PowerPoint to DVD at a few clicks. Apart from the convenience of creating a DVD slideshow using the PPT to DVD burner, it also provides some benefits that Windows Live Movie Maker cannot do, like:
- 1. The original PowerPoint slideshow is still there and you can further edit it or converting to video for uploading to YouTube to share with more people if you like.
- 2. You can add DVD menu for the DVD slideshow gift. That means you can burn more than just one photo slideshow to DVD. You can organize it by chapters with a DVD menu, just like you are watching a real DVD movie.
Which of the two methods do you prefer to make a DVD slideshow with music? As soon as the DVD slideshow is finished, decorate it with a beautiful package and that’s the final gift for your family or friends. Can’t wait to see the smile on their face!
- 4 Methods to Convert PPTX to Video for Viewing on Portable Devices and Websites
- 4 Simple Methods to Burn PowerPoint to Blu-ray Disc
- 2 Methods to Create PowerPoint Slideshow from Facebook Photo Albums
- 5 Methods to Make a School PowerPoint Presentation Read Only
- How to Save PowerPoint as Video Using Windows Movie Maker
All posts on this blog are created for non-profit sharing by the blogger staff of Moyea Software. You can reprint them without any fee, but are required to quote each source link on Moyea PowerPoint E-Learning Center (http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/blog/) and keep all original hyperlinks within.